Our region is full of places and must-see places ...
Le Suquet is located in a particularly rich landscape of nature and culture!
We already invite you to visit the magical city of Cordes-sur-ciel located 5 km away and take the time to lose yourself in its narrow streets, off the beaten track.
By clicking on the butterflies below, you will find more information about local shops and markets, bathing points and visits to wine growers.
In Cordes and the surrounding area, here are also some suggestions for activities :
- The “house of Jean-Jacques”, a large unusual building where he exhibits his sculptures in wood and others. It is right next to the Hall Square in the Old Ropes and is open every day.
- To quench your thirst, you can take a break at Jardin des paradis: https://jardindesparadis.jimdo.com/
- At the foot of the village of Bournazel, you can visit the Cabrit de Montgrieu, a small goat farm and buy your own cheese https://www.tourisme-tarn.com/producteur/au-cabrit-de-montgrieu
- If you want to visit a honey farm and discover the life of bees, Francoise will be delighted to welcome you.
- For children, enjoy walks with the ponies of Marie at St Martin Laguepie or donkey at St Marcel de Campes, Occit’ane.
- At about twenty minutes, you can discover the park of Cap Découverte: https://www.vert-marine.com/cap-decouverte-le-garric-81/
We recommend the many medieval villages around: St Antonin Noble-Val, Penne, Bruniquel, Puycelsi, Castelnau de Montmirail, and Albi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and its famous cathedral.
We leave many flyers in the house, do not hesitate to ask us also if you want advice or information. You can also go to the tourist office of Cordes or visit the Tarn Tourism website in order to better prepare your stay: https://www.tourisme-tarn.com/
Saturday morning is the charming market in Cordes sur Ciel, where you can shop fresh produce with local producers.
The village offers an organic grocery: “the natural basket”, 2 mini markets, 2 bakeries, 1 butcher, 1 pharmacy and 2 hairdressers, all at the bottom of Ropes. At the top of the city, you will find many restaurants and craftsmen. Supermarkets (leclerc and giant casino) are in Gaillac or Albi, about 30 minutes.
If you want to dine at the restaurant, we like “the ugly little cordais” in Cordes and “Lou Païdol” in Salles, home cooking.
At your request, we can also prepare, for your arrival or during your stay, an organic / local meal with the products of our garden and the market.
Saturday: Ropes on sky.
Varied food, local producers, wine and pizzas, from 8:30 to 12:30
Sunday: St Antonin Noble Val.
Large market, pretty tourist summer.
Food, clothing, crafts. 8h – 13h30
Tuesday: Gaillac, Place du Griffoul.
Organic market and producers. 16h – 19h
Wednesday: The Cabins.
Nice little market (bread, cheese, vegetables). 9h – 12h30
Producer market in the summer. 17h – 20h
Friday: Gaillac or Carmaux.
2 large markets. 8h – 12h30
The Gaillac region is renowned for its vineyards. We are fortunate to have a federation Nature and Progress strong proposing wines “more than organic”, the specifications concerning both viticulture and winemaking.
We advise you some of these producers and can also organize a tasting at the cottage.
– The Cantalauze estate in Lintin.
– The domain of Matens in Gaillac
– The Domaine de Plageole in Cahuzac sur Vere
– The domain of Causse à Vieux
– The domain of Brun in Cahuzac
– The domain of Mas Brunet in Cahuzac
– Laguépie: arranged for children, close to the cottage.
– Saint Antonin NV: at the Beach, an island, a waterfall, a tavern.
– Lagarde-viaur: swimming in the Viaur with a nice creperie next door.
– The guinguette of Cazals: small beaches on the edge of Aveyron free access with a tavern for drinking or eating.
– The Garissou: an aquatic area next to Cordes-sur-Ciel.